Euroleague Basketball Predictions
The first week of the Euroleague regular season is here, and it will be an exciting one. There are a few new teams, some old favourites and -most importantly- many great games ahead. So, let’s dive straight into our Euroleague picks for the first week:
Our EuroLeague basketball tips appear under each mini game preview.
Anadolu Efes – Crvena Zvezda
- Shane Larkin has of a finger injury and is due out until the end of November.
- Ognjen Dobric had a leg injury in a pre-season game and has been ruled out against Efes. Nemanja Nedovic had a calf muscle rupture at EuroBasket 2022 and has been ruled out for opening night.
Due to Efes’ remarkable back-to-back EuroLeague championships and quest for three straight, history will be in the air for the whole season. As it happens, significant history was created the only other time this century that a back-to-back champion began the following EuroLeague season at home.
In a 95-68 victory over Polish club Prokom Trefl Sopot, defending champion Maccabi Tel Aviv was led by great centre Nikola Vujcic, whose performance was historically significant. The current Maccabi general manager achieved the first triple-double in Euroleague history on that night, November 3, 2005: 11 points, 12 rebounds, and 11 assists.
Tip: Over 157.5 at 1.95
Alba Berlin – Partizan
- Marcus Eriksson is out indefinitely due to a leg injury. Malte Delow underwent knee surgery in August and is not ready to play yet.
- Aleksa Avramovic is out due to a hand injury and not expected back before December. Alen Smailagic is expected to be sidelined until December due to a back injury. Gregor Glas is out indefinitely.
Partizan Belgrade returns to the EuroLeague after eight seasons. Partizan’s only continental title came in 1992 under famous coach Zeljko Obradovic. Danilo Andjusic, James Nunnally, Ioannis Papapetrou, and Dante Exum joined Partizan this summer. Andjusic had played for Partizan before, and Nunnally played for Coach Obradovic at Fenerbahce Beko Istanbul in 2017.
ALBA kept a core of players led by Maodo Lo, Luke Sikma, Marcus Eriksson, Ben Lammers, Jaleen Smith, Johannes Thiemann, and head coach Israel Gonzalez. It signed Gabriele Procida and Yanni Wetzell. Partizan and ALBA have never met in EuroLeague. ALBA won three of their four 7DAYS EuroCup meetings.
Tip: 2 at 1.80
Barcelona – Olympiacos
- Nikola Mirotic, the EuroLeague’s reigning MVP, is out indefinitely due to an Achilles tendon injury. Kule Kuric is sidelined due to a head injury.
In the opening round, FC Barcelona and Olympiacos Piraeus—two of the Final Four clubs from the previous season—will square off in the Palau Blaugrana. In an effort to make the Final Four for the third straight year, Barca restructured its squad over the summer by adding Satoransky, Vesely, and Kalinic. After adding Canaan, Bolomboy, and Peters to an already strong core of players, Olympiacos hopes to follow up its first Final Four trip since 2017 with another deep run.
Barca has a lead over Olympiacos historically, having prevailed in 22 of their 36 encounters, including the 2010 EuroLeague Championship Game.
Tip: 2 (+5.5) at 1.90
Virtus Bologna – Monaco
- Awudu Abass is recovering from a knee injury and not expected to play anytime soon. Toko Shengelia is out indefinitely due to a shoulder injury. Mam Jaiteh missed his team’s Italian League season opener. His status is uncertain.
Virtus Segafredo Bologna hosts AS Monaco at 20:30 CET on Friday, October 7 in the 2022-23 EuroLeague Regular Season. Virtus hasn’t played in the EuroLeague since 2007-08, whereas Monaco reached the playoffs in its maiden season. Virtus and Monaco are both aiming for the top eight, so this Round 1 match is an excellent chance for one of them to make a statement.
Even though this isn’t a EuroLeague classic, there’s plenty of star ability on display. In addition to Mike James, Monaco recruited Loyd, Okobo, John Brown, and two-time EuroLeague champion Moerman over the summer. All are expected to play in this Round 1 matchup. Virtus kept Teodosic, Belinelli, and Hackett, and signed Shengelia and Lundberg.
Tip: Under 160.5 at 1.90
(All prices correct at 07/10/2022, 08:05 CET, subject to change)
News Source: Euroleague.net
Basketball tips today (Other tips except from Euroleague)
Disclaimer: This is not investment or gambling advice. Always conduct your own independent research.